Go Fundamentals is a 2 or 3 day class designed to give an introduction to the Go programming language. It is suitable for anyone who has programming experience but has never used Go.
This class provides an idiomatic introduction to the Go programming language supported by extensive examples and hands-on exercises. We focus on both the specification and implementation of the language including topics ranging from language syntax, Go’s type system, testing and more. We believe this class is perfect for anyone who wants a jump start in learning Go.
- Philosophy of Go
- Language Syntax
- Using Pointers
- Arrays, Slices and Maps
- Methods and Interfaces
- Packaging and Exporting
- Managing External Dependencies
- Standard Library
Minimal Qualified Student:
The material has been designed to be taught in a classroom environment. The code is well commented but missing some of the contextual concepts and ideas that will be covered in class. Students with the following minimal background will get the most out of the class.
- Studied CS in school or has a minimum of two years of experience programming full time professionally.
- Familiar with structural and object oriented programming styles.
- Has worked with arrays, lists, queues and stacks.
- Operating Systems
- Has worked with a command shell.
- Knows how to maneuver around the file system.
- Understands what environment variables are.
Ardan labs Copyrights © 2018